Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need to give you my full name?
2. Why do I need to give you my full date of birth? I'm worried about identity theft.
3. I keep getting an error message about "invalid name." What's happening?
4. Why do I need to register with an email address from a provider other than Comcast, Facebook, Juno, and Netzero?
5. I'm trying to register my whole family on one email address. Why won't it let me?
6. I don't have another email address to sign up additional family members. What should I do?
7. When I try to register it says I'm already signed up, but I'm not getting any emails. What do I do?
1. How do I update my account information?
2. What if the system won't allow me to update the field I need to? (Like my date of birth, name, etc.?)
3. How do I remove myself from getting any more emails from you?
4. I accidentally unsubscribed. How do I get re-registered?
1. When do I get my birthday certificate?
Certificates are emailed weekly and instead of receiving it on the first Monday of your birthday month, you will receive during the week of your birthday. All certificates will be sent out on Wednesdays. If your birthday falls on a Wednesday, you will receive it that same day. However, if your birthday falls on a Thurs.-Tues – you will receive it on the Wednesday before your birthday. You will still have the same amount of time (29 days) from the date the certificate was issued to redeem at your favorite location. Please note certificates can only be redeemed during dinner hours, Monday through Thursday after the initial purchase of an adult teppan entrée.
2. I just signed up for The Chef's Table and my birthday is this month. When do I get my certificate?
3. I always get your emails but I never get my birthday certificate. What's going on?
4. I lost my certificate. Can I get another one?
5. I need the certificate tonight for my reservation and I just sent you an email. Is there any way to get it to me faster?
1. Do I need to print the certificate?
2. Can I just show the certificate to my server on my smart phone when I get to the restaurant?
3. When can certificates be redeemed?
4. Why do I need a valid government issued ID?
5. What if I don't have a valid government issued ID?
6. My 15 year old doesn't have a government issued ID. What should I do?
7. My birthday falls on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Does that mean I can't use my certificate?
8. If my name or date of birth is wrong, will the restaurant accept my certificate?
9. Do I need to make a reservation to use my certificate?
10. Can I use my certificate towards alcoholic beverages?
11. Can I use my certificate when I order a featured entrée or recommended sushi?
12. Why can't I use my certificate at Happy Hour/Banzai Hour?
13. I'd like to use my certificate for a to-go order.
14. My family member/friend and I celebrate birthdays in the same month. Can we use our certificates at the same time?
15. Why was my certificate declined at the restaurant?
16. So is this a buy one, get one offer now?
17. Does a Kabuki Kids meal count as the “initial purchase of an adult teppan entrée?”
18. I only eat sushi. How can I redeem the Birthday Certificate?
19. If I dine alone, does that mean I can’t use the Birthday Certificate?
20. I thought it was $30 off my bill?
21. Why doesn’t the food my guest ordered get discounted?
1. I don't have a printer. What should I do?
2. I'm having trouble viewing/printing the certificate. What should I do?
You can also try viewing the email and certificate in your browser by clicking "View Online" in the top right corner. If you're still having trouble, you will need to contact your email provider.
3. Can I get an extension on my certificate?
4. I've been emailing customer service but I don't get a response. What's going on?
5. I've called the toll-free customer service line and left a voice mail but no one has returned my call. Why?
6. I just want to talk to someone in person. Is there a number to reach you?
* Excludes Holidays.
7. When did you update the certificates to be used Monday through Thursday?
8. When did you update the certificate to be redeemed at dinner only?
9. When did you update the certificates so that they require the purchase of an adult teppan entrée?
10. What is a teppan entrée?
11. Why can't I use my Chef's Table certificate in Hawaii?
12. When did you update the certificates to sending out weekly instead of monthly?
1. How to I register my child for the Kabuki Kids program?
2. I tried to register my child for The Chef's Table so why haven't they received their certificate?
3. I selected the option to have my child receive a postcard in the mail for their birthday. When can I expect to receive it?
4. Why do the postcards come after the first of the month?
5. I selected the option to have my child receive an email sent to my email address. When should I get their card?
6. I didn't get my child's postcard sent to me. What do I do?
Terms & Conditions
Restrictions on Certificate and these Terms constitute Terms and Conditions of offer. Complete date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY), Benihana location you most frequently visit, zip code, internet access, your own individual email address and the ability to print Certificate are required. Certificates MUST be printed and presented prior to ordering to be redeemed at participating locations. Limit one "The Chef's Table" registration per person. Limit one certificate per person, per party and per calendar year. Certificates are valid during dinner hours for dine-in Monday –Thursdays only. The certificates require the purchase of any adult teppan entrée prior to the discount being applied to any additional items ordered. Benihana National Corp. (Sponsor) is not responsible for lost or deleted Certificates regardless of cause. Sponsor does not for any reason extend or change expiration dates on certificates. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement or administration of offer or "The Chef's Table", whether caused by computer, technical or human error. Printed Certificates must include the first and last name, date of birth, barcode and expiration date and must be presented with a valid photo ID that matches the information on the Certificate. Certificate is good for recipient only and is non-transferable. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling and spouse) are NOT eligible to participate in offer; but, such persons may register for "The Chef's Table." No group or organization requests will be accepted. Decisions of Sponsor regarding offer (including eligibility, Certificate redemption and interpretation of Terms and Conditions) and "The Chef's Table" are final and binding; Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to honor Certificate and require payment of $30 if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that participant is not in full compliance with Terms and Conditions of the program and/or the offer (including but not limited to Certificate/submission that is illegible, damaged or incomplete). By participating in offer and/or registering for "The Chef's Table," entrants agree to release and hold harmless Benihana National Corp., its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, shareholders and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in offer or "The Chef's Table," including but not limited to use or redemption of Certificate. Certificate not valid on previous transactions.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, faulty, or incorrect transmissions/Certificates, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, any damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from submitting information online to receive Certificate or dissemination of Certificate, registration for "The Chef's Table," or lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in offer and/or "The Chef's Table" whether caused by computer, technical or human error. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend this offer and/or "The Chef's Table" should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the offer and/or "The Chef's Table". And, in such event, Sponsor's liability shall be limited to those Certificates distributed by Sponsor prior to such action being taken by Sponsor (provided that such Certificates are redeemed in full accordance with Terms and Conditions). Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.benihana.com. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit the participation of an individual in offer and/or "The Chef's Table" if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to fully comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Terms and Conditions. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE www.benihana.com INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO "THE CHEF'S TABLE" OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS OFFER AND/OR "THE CHEF'S TABLE" IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL MAKING ANY SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Monthly e-mail newsletter is intended for recipient's personal and non-commercial use only, and may not be modified, edited, altered or revised in any manner. Any dispute, claim or cause of action arising under this offer, "The Chef's Table" or these Terms and Conditions shall be brought in the federal or state courts of Delaware, and such courts shall apply the internal, substantive law of Delaware in adjudicating any such dispute/claim/cause of action. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, you agree (a) to the jurisdiction of such courts; (b) to bring any action individually (NOT as part of a class action); (c) that in any such dispute/claim/cause of action, your recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), with any right to special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages and/or attorneys' fees being waived.
SPONSORED BY: BENIHANA NATIONAL CORP., MIAMI, FL 33178.
* Maximum value of certificate is $30 (excludes alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity) after the initial purchase of any adult teppan entrée. The initial purchase of an adult teppan entrée cannot be discounted. The certificate is valid for use by the recipient for the recipient’s meal only. If you are registering during the month of your birthday, please allow approximately two business days to receive your Birthday Certificate.
Must be 13 or older. Restrictions apply. Subject to Terms & Conditions. See Certificate for additional restrictions. Valid at participating U.S. Benihana locations only. Excludes Hawaii. Limit one “The Chef’s Table” registration and one Certificate per email address/person. We respect your privacy and will never rent or sell your information. By providing your email address you are opting in to receive email from our company, and you may ask to stop receiving emails from us at any time.