Benihana Inc. supports a limited number of non-profit organizations with the donation of a restaurant gift certificate. Benihana Inc. does not contribute to individuals and does not make donations in return for advertising. Please note that Benihana Inc. does not provide food donations or food samplings for fundraising events. To aid in the review of requests for support, we have established the following criteria that the organization must provide:
- The inquiring organization must provide background on the specific program and specify the date of the event.
- The gift certificates must be used to raise funds for a non-profit organization.
- The organization must have and provide an established track record of community advocacy.
- The organization must provide a copy of their current IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter.
- The organization must provide proof of Federal Tax ID number.
- Contact name, address, phone number, fax and email, if available.
- If this request is for a school, the donation must be for educational purposes only.
Please check that all details have been included with your letter. Unfortunately, requests that do not include all the above details cannot be considered.
Please mail your request to the below address (we cannot accept requests by phone or fax):
ATTN: Public Relations
21500 Biscayne Boulevard
Aventura, FL 33180
The request must be on your organization’s letterhead. Please allow four weeks for Benihana to review and respond to your request.
Benihana Inc. does not donate to organizations that fall into the following guidelines:
- Organizations lacking proof of 501(c)(3) status
- Conferences, seminars or reunions
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Online auctions
- Sports teams or leagues
- Individuals seeking aid